SYDNEY | MELBOURNE
Every day at Giant Steps teachers, therapists and educators work intensively on the student’s individual goals and curriculum outcomes within a caring and supportive environment.
We work with all age levels.
SYDNEY: Early Learning (3-6 years), Primary School (5-12 years), Secondary School (12-18 years)
MELBOURNE: Foundation, Senior School (5-18 years).
We take a ‘best fit approach’ to place students in the most appropriate program to best meet their needs.
Features of the school program include:
- A transdisciplinary approach where speech, occupational and music therapists work with special education staff in a collaborative team developing individual programs specific to each child’s needs and abilities within the Australian curriculum framework
- A class grouping structure whereby students engage in whole class, small group, paired, whole school and, where appropriate, individual teaching and learning programs
- Highly trained and committed staff
- Individualised and small group instruction by specialist teachers and educators
- Programs and therapies soundly based on current research
- Setting of individual goals and close monitoring of a child’s progress
- Program adjustment based on each child’s need
- Parent consultation and guidance in supporting students within the home environment
- Home visits, preschool visits (Sydney only) and transitional support to student’s next educational setting when required